ABOUT ST PAUL LUTHERAN CHURCH AND SCHOOL:
St. Paul Lutheran Church was organized December 3, 1911, under the leadership of the Rev. E. J. Moebus, who served as a missionary for the Gulf Coast from McAllen to Rockport. It was resolved to build a school and parsonage as soon as the need for them arose. Five acres of land in the Concordia community, about eight miles NE of Bishop, were obtained, and later two acres were added.
A school was built in early 1912, and served as a place of worship for many years. Later in 1912, a parsonage was also erected. In 1964, after four years of study, the church and school moved from the Concordia community into the City of Bishop, and a new church at 801 E. Main Street was dedicated.
The congregation has maintained a Christian Day School throughout its history. In 1968, a Kindergarten was added; and in 1975, a Pre-Kindergarten. A Day Care and Child Enrichment Center was opened in August of 1992.